NEXT MEETING: 10TH November
7pm to 9pm, Govanhill Baths, 99 Calder Street, Govanhill
(NOTE : This is not our usual venue)
- Housing - Campaigning - unaccountable private landlords (poorly regulated and not covered by a cohesive housing policy)
- environment - roads conditions
- - Scrutines planning applications affecting our area
- - big supermarket (shelved) - protecting and developing parks
- - Waste and Recycling Plant
- - concerns about victoria road as a shopping
- - liquor licensing laws
- - betting shops licensing
All meetings are public - you are welcome to come along to observe the council at work. Whilst only elected members take part in the debate and voting, we may ask for your opinion on matters that you feel strongly about.
We meet on the second Monday of each month at Samaritan House, 79 Coplaw Street, Govanhill. (map)
Meetings start at 7pm and are finished by 9pm.
Elections for new Councillors
We have vacancies on the Community Council. If you'd like to contribute to your community - and have a say in what goes on get yourself nominated. Forms are in the Govanhill Library.
Got something to say? Suggestions for the website? Issues in the area? Questions? Email email@example.com .