- Govanhill baths: Pictures from Reopening Saturday 4th Feb
- Queen's Park Recreation Ground is under threat, from a building project. We'll publish more information shortly. If you're on facebook, join the SaveQueensParkRec group.
- The Southside Festival was on the 28th May and, despite the unpredictable weather, was enjoyed by many. Events are still ongoing - find out more at the Southside Festival website.
- Things are moving on with the Govanhill Baths and Queens Park Arena.
- Crosshill Post Office in Victoria Road is now closed. Crosshill Post Office closure/relocation.
- The Scottish Government announced funding for Govanhill's housing problems.
- October 2010 - Govanhill Library has reopened at last! (news story - evening times) (council page for opening hours etc.)
- New superstore planned in Govanhill
- New hospital plans for the whole of Glasgow.
Planning- New proposed retail development - superstore, retail units, petrol filling station at current Larkfield Garage site.
"Just what Govanhill needs, potential for new jobs to revitalise the Victoria Road area or another slap in the face for Victoria Road's current resurgence as a shopping destination by the big battalions?"
Dear Community Councillors and Neighbours
You are all invited to the next meeting of the Community Council on Monday 12th April, 2010. As someone who takes a keen interest in the area I am sure you will find this issue of significance.
Subject : Proposed Planning Application for the Site of the Existing Larkfield Depot
you are most welcome to attend our Community Council Meeting, listen to Muir Smith Evans present a proposal for their clients, First Glasgow and its development partner Park Lane land and ask questions on Monday 12th April, 2010. At 7.00pm
the following plan to be in attendance, to be able to respond to questions:
- Owen Wilton (Park Lane);
- David Dunbar (architect);
- Robin Duncan (transport consultant, First Glasgow); and
- Brian Muir (planning and retail consultant).
The idea is that there will be a presentation lasting no longer that 20 mins followed by some Questions . After the consultant and their clients leave we can have some more discussion and then return to the rest of the Community Council Agenda.The meeting venue is at; Govanhill Housing Association Ltd, Samaritan House, 79 Coplaw St, Glasgow, G42 7JG.
Got some news? Want to comment on what you've read above?